The Yamaha YTR-2330 trumpet is one of the most perfect trumpets for the student level trumpet player and intermediate trumpet players. The main focus at the YTR-2330 is its lightness and effortlessness in playing, that makes this trumpet able to produce a great sound with the perfect intonation.
As a brand that is popular with its attention to ergonomics, Yamaha with the YTR-2330 offers optimum support to the beginners in the trumpet world, especially for children, and greatly assisting their learning, progress and creativity. The Yamaha YTR-2330 trumpet is crafted using the state-of-the-art methods production methods of Yamaha, which always result with a vibrant and consistent tone.
In order to be able to create a much lighter instrument, Yamaha designed the YTR-2330 without a brace on the main tuning slide, which creates a benefit from that ideal thickness of the two-piece yellow brass bell. The balanced weight of the instrument and the addition of a adjustable third valve allows a more natural hand position and promotes a better playing technique, while the water key on the third valve slide ads to the easiness of use and over-all playability of the YTR-2300 trumpet. Also the YTR-2330 comes with the well-known Monel alloy pistons that are established as a good and consistent action pistons with a minimized need for maintenance.
Yamaha YTR-2330 Trumpet Features & Specifications
- Yellow brass bell. The new, redesigned, durable and yet a two-piece bell is created from yellow brass to provide the trumpet player with the optimal playability while promoting good technique and endurance.
- Monel alloy pistons with high durability as well as newly designed piston buttons and bottom caps to help stretch out the life of the trumpet while still maximizing the that is produced from the instrument.
- The new tuning slides with the 2nd and the main tuning slides produced using the exact same Yamaha method for their high-end models, which makes the YTR-2330 a much more stable instrument, with a more refined tone color and added durability.
- Key: B flat
- Key Buttons: Plastic
- Bore:459 inches (medium-large)
- Bell/Bell Diameter: Yellow brass Pluzuma welded 123mm (4-7/8″)
- Leadpipe: Gold Brass
- Mouthpiece: TR-11B4
- Pistons/Valves: Monel alloy
- Key Buttons: Plastic
- Finish: Gold epoxy lacquer (YTR-2330); Silver (YTR-2330s)
- Weight: Medium
- Level: Standard
WHAT CUSTOMER ARE SAYING
- Awesome! Like every Yamaha musical instrument and product, a well made trumpet and one of the best in its class.
- The most fun trumpet I tried! It has a very rich tone and awesome intonation.
- Very Ergonomic! I bought this for my grandson! The thumb saddle angle and the adjustable ring make it very comfortable for child’s hands. A great thing for the kids to learn on.
- Lightweight! This trumpet is incredibly lightweight: it’s so much fun to “dance” while you play it.
- Best trumpet case I’ve seen! It’s a very thin and lightweight case with a back strap. It’s very small and convenient for travel.
- Requires frequent oiling. In order to keep those valves in mint condition.
- Valve caps are hard to screw.
- Becomes tricky when you get to advanced level. It’s a great trumpet for intermediate players but when you get into the advanced range it gets tricky to manage.
Yamaha YTR-2330 Trumpet Review
To sum up, this is a proper high quality made good trumpet! You get a luxurious value instrument to start on for an affordable price. The Yamaha YTR-2330 trumpet can even be compared with Yamaha’s more expensive trumpets, and it is highly recommended for anyone willing to play the trumpet, and for those who need a durable, fun-to-play trumpet or those who need a second trumpet, to use it as a backup, as a practice instrument or even a marching band trumpet.
This trumpet will help you become a good musician, you’ll sound great and you will have fun while doing it!