The Yamaha YTR 2335 trumpet is a quality student model that gets great reviews from students and instructors. It is recommended by many as a starting model.
Like many other instruments from this company, Yamaha trumpets are known for exceptional quality. The Yamaha 2335 is a trumpet for beginners that helps them to develop the skills and technique they need to improve as players.
It presents many similar qualities one would expect from a professional trumpet with a student trumpet price, and it has been the choice student trumpet for many music departments and other beginner ensembles.
Yamaha YTR-2335 Trumpet Features & Specification
- Pistons that provide a proper fit within valve casings to prevent air leakage
- The laser-fused and plasma-welded bell provides a vibrant and consistent tone
- Its pressure-formed tubing provides reduced resistance and great scale
- Quiet one-piece valve guides
- Durability that comes from nickel silver at the trumpet’s stress points
- Key: B flat
- Bore: 0.459 inches (Medium-Large)
- Bell: 4 7/8 inches
- Bell Material: Yellow Brass
- Body Material: Yellow Brass
- Lead Pipe: Gold Brass
- Pistons/Valves: Nickel-Plated
- Mouthpiece: YAC TR11B4
- Finish: Baked Epoxy Lacquer
What Customers are Saying
The Yamaha trumpet YTR 2335 is an excellent student model that is highly praised for its abilities, but some buyers will find areas where they believe it could use improvement like any other model. Overall, buyers see it as a good trumpet with which to start playing.
- Perfect for Beginners. A good student horn perfect for beginners. One of the best student models out there. Relatively small targets on each note, but it does sound good in all registers, good for all styles. Nice valve action and good response. Definitely not a pro horn but a good starter.
- Recommended. …This trumpet plays almost as well as professional models. It has a very bright sound, is free blowing, and maintains good tone quality in both the upper and lower registers. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this model to any skill level of trumpet player.
- Versatile. It’s very versatile, I’ve used it for choral solos, marching band, symphonic bands, concert bands, jazz bands…
- Student Trumpet of Choice. I work for the band and orchestra division of a national music retailer and this is our student model of choice as well as that of most music directors in the area.
- Every student trumpet has its flaws, and the disadvantage with the Yamaha YTR 2335 comes from the size of its bore relative to that of the young player. Many students may have difficulty in the upper register due to the trumpet’s large bore. This Yamaha student trumpet may require younger players to work much harder to reach high notes when playing. This can become a benefit in the long run by strengthening the player’s embouchure
The Yamaha YTR 2335 is no longer in production, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be purchased for the ambitious beginner. You can still purchase new YTR 2335 models that are still in stock as well as used Yamaha trumpets from advancing players.
This trumpet comes highly recommended by student players due to its value, durability and ease of use. It can be used in a variety of settings in which young trumpeters would find themselves playing.