The Hawk WD-T313 Bb Trumpet is not a trumpet from the very well-known brands but has made its name as one of the best trumpets for beginners. The trumpet has been designed to cater to the needs of students and hence it will improve the performance of any beginner. This is a Hawk WD-T313 Bb Trumpet Review that takes a look at one of the most popular Hawk trumpets in the market.
The Hawk WD-T313 Bb Trumpet is designed for the beginner trumpeter looking for a well-built trumpet with great sound and intonation for less than $200. While designed for beginners, the trumpet has found acceptance among advanced users who love its grace, beauty and lightweight frame.
It is an elegant trumpet though much of the focus is on the ease of use. However, while it is designed to be a cheaper alternative for beginner trumpeters, it does come with some good quality sound that is on the bright side. It produces high-quality sound in the upper and middle registers and overall has a great feel.
Many users who have used the instrument have come out to sing its praises. It has been said to be a sensational trumpet that is easy to play on both low and high notes in addition to looking stunning. The clarity of sound and intonation has also been praised by many users.
Hawk WD-T313 Bb Features and Specifications
- Beautiful silver plated construction makes for an elegant design.
- Easily customizable to make it possible to play anything from Funk, Polka, Ska, Pop, Blues, Rock, Jazz, and Classical music among many.
- The third valve comes with a fixed trigger while the first valve has a Built-in thumb saddle, which facilitates better tonal precision.
- The valve closing is designed to be closer to the mouthpiece providing better control and balance.
- Comes with a good looking practical case that can be used as both backpack and bag
- The Hawk WD-T313 Bb provides high-quality intonation and hypnotic sound quality in the Bb key.
- Key: Bb
- Dimensions: 22 x 7 x 11 inches
- Weight: 6 pounds
- Level: Beginners
- Material: Silver plated brass
- Lead Pipe: Solid brass
- Finish: Choice of different colors
- Extras: Durable convertible case
- Great Elegant Design. While the Hawk WD-T313 Bb is an inexpensive trumpet, it comes in a beautiful, flashy design that you can get in a range of colors including black and gold which is a classy look. It is great if you are looking to get something for a beginner who wants something that stands out when they are playing in a concert or marching band.
- High-Quality Sound. The trumpet has a bright and pleasant sound and will be perfect for the pop marching band or even a more formal classical music setting. It also has some very good intonation for a trumpet in its price range.
- Highly Portable. The Hawk WD-T313 Bb at 6 pounds is a very lightweight trumpet and combined with the convertible case can be easily toted to and from practice. This is very convenient for the beginner who needs all the practice they can get in different settings.
- Build Quality. It is built well and the valves perform as expected and the valves do not stick like those on other models. It also holds up pretty well given that it is made of solid brass and does get scratched easily.
- Sound Brightness. Given that it targets beginners, the sound may be too bright for advanced users looking to play classical or smooth jazz ballads. However, it should be great for intermediate and beginner players who do play much of jazz.
- Replacement Parts. While the trumpet has quite the solid build and will not easily break, it may be hard to find replacement parts for it in case something breaks. Nonetheless, you should expect the trumpet to last for a long time before you have to replace anything substantial.
The Hawk WD-T313 Bb is one of the best mid-price trumpets for beginners that you could get. It is made of high-quality materials, has a sturdy build and comes in all manner of colors to make for a beautiful trumpet that you will love playing with.
The Hawk WD-T313 Bb while principally designed for beginner players, is good enough to accommodate the needs of intermediate players too. Since it can produce a range of sounds and intonation, you can wow different audiences with it. Nonetheless, you may have to get a higher priced instrument for the more classical jazz pieces.