The Getzen 390 is one of the most impressive trumpets in its class, and this Getzen trumpet review outlines some of its best features.
Getzen trumpets have been widely used for generations to meet the needs of new trumpet players, and the Getzen 390 model is a popular entry level trumpet that is highly acclaimed for its excellent performance. This Getzen trumpet 300 series model comes with a number of features that allow it to meet high standards for an instrument in its class.
It comes with a hand spun bell, nickel silver pistons and nickel silver slides that provide a better sound than most other student trumpets. It also features a comfortable grip that makes it suitable for classroom settings and younger players.
Getzen 390S Trumpet Features & Specifications
- Incredible quality for a student instrument
- Easy-to-play due to its smooth valve action and free blowing function
- Less resistance compared to many other student models
- Hand-fit nickel silver slides
- Nickel-plated valves that have a lifetime guarantee
- Key: B flat
- Bore: 0.460 inches
- Bell: 4.75-inch Seamless Hand Spun
- Bell Material: Yellow Brass
- Leadpipe Material: Nickel Silver
- Valves: Nickel Plated Nickel Silver Piston
- First Valve Slide Adjustment: Thumb Saddle
- Third Valve Slide Adjustment: Adjustable Ring with Slide Stop
- Mouthpiece: Getzen 7C
- Finish: Lacquer, Silver
What Customers are Saying
This Getzen 300 trumpet is a quality instrument that gets rave reviews from most users. Like any trumpet, there are also some features that users may wish to improve.
- The 390 model from Getzen is celebrated by students and instructors as being one of the best trumpets for beginners. It has a performance that makes it arguably the best instrument with which to start. The trumpet is easy to play, free blowing, and it has some of the best valves on any trumpet in its class.
- Excellent Starter Trumpet. After trying several student horns for my beginning daughter, I found that she preferred the Getzen 390 trumpet to all others. This is an excellent starter trumpet and a good value!”
- Very Well Built. A very well built trumpet, the Getzen 390 has first and second valves that are as slick as butter. While the third value could be better, overall this is definitely an A+ horn for students.”
- Most of the reviews and comments about the Getzen 390 model are very positive, but this is still not a professional quality instrument. It has many of the features needed by the devoted student player, but it still lacks in a few areas.
- It features an excellent design with great valves, but its sound quality is still lacking when compared to the best professional models. It still presents good quality for a student trumpet with its durability and lead pipes.
- Not for Professional Play. I’ve owned several trumpets over the years and though the Getzen 390 is not a perfect instrument, it can be the easiest to start with once you learn to explore its potential. However, if you want to play with a professional group, this student horn is not the right choice.
This Getzen student trumpet is highly recommended for beginning players wanting true quality in their instruments. The Getzen 390 trumpet is a free blowing, durable and responsive trumpet that makes learning easy for new players.
It has smooth pistons and fluid valves and all of its components work together to create a high quality sound. Even with all of its impressive features, this Getzen 300 series trumpets may not be the right instrument for every beginner.
Each player has to consider their individual skills and preferences before settling on any model, but this one is certainly worth considering.